Pages

Football: Dinnage turns her back on Premier League chief exec role

Football: Dinnage turns her back on Premier League chief exec role

LONDON (AFP) - Susanna Dinnage has shocked English football by deciding she no longer wants to be the chief executive of the Premier League despite previously accepting the post.
Dinnage, a television executive, was announced as the successor to the long-serving Richard Scudamore in November, with her appointment hailed as a major step forward for women in sports administration.
It was planned that Dinnage, currently the global president of Discovery's Animal Planet brand, would take over from Scudamore, in charge for 19 years, early in 2019.
Quite why she has rejected the high-profile position remains unclear, with a Premier League statement issued Sunday simply saying: "Despite her commitment to the Premier League in early November, Susanna Dinnage has now advised the nominations committee that she will not be taking up the position of chief executive."
This was a far cry from Dinnage's comments following the initial announcement of her appointment last month, when she said: "With the support of clubs and the team, I look forward to extending the success of the League for many years to come.
When Scudamore took over as chief executive in 1999, the Premier League's domestic television rights deal was worth around £670 million (S$1160 million).
The latest deal for rights between 2019 and 2022 sold for more than £4.5 billion.

 
 
While the vast majority of that money still comes from television giants Sky and BT, it also includes the sale of 20 matches to retail giant Amazon's streaming service for the first time.
Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck, Burnley chairman Mike Garlick and Leicester chief executive Susan Whelan led the recruitment process, with Buck describing Dinnage as "the outstanding choice" from a "very strong field" of candidates.
Now, however, the Premier League will have to re-open the search for Scudamore's successor.
"The committee has reconvened its search and is talking to candidates," the Premier League statement issued Sunday also said.
"There will be no further comment until an appointment is made."



Premier League: Five things we learned from the weekend's action including Almiron's impact and Liverpool's resolve Liverpool returned to the top of the table with their scrappy win at
Premier League weekend: Five things we learned



Blues manager Maurizio Sarri hails Higuain-Hazard partnership Chelsea's Eden Hazard (centre) celebrates with teammate Gonzalo Higuain after scoring during their English Premier League soccer match
Blues manager hails Higuain-Hazard partnership



Victory over Man City would be biggest FA Cup shock ever, says Newport boss Flynn. Newport County Manager Michael Flynn during the Sky Bet League Two match between Newport County and Milton
Victory over Man City would be biggest FA Cup shock ever



Football: Fandi Ahmad coy on SEA Games rule of two overaged players as he focuses on improving U-22 side we need players who can understand the way we want to play, how we defend and attack
Singapore Football : No.1 Source for SG Football Compilation



Experienced Liverpool making a big statement, says Klopp manager Jurgen Klopp said. Liverpool beat Porto 4-1 at the Dragao Stadium on Wednesday to advance 6-1 on aggregate with their attacking
Experienced Liverpool making a big statement, says Klopp



Dec 22, 2018 · Deeney and Deulofeu seal Watford win over West Ham and raise Europe hopes sign up and get our daily football email. West Ham worked up a storm early in the second half but precision still
Deeney and Deulofeu seal Watford win at West Ham | Reuters.com



Vincent Kompany has revealed that he is to leave Manchester City after an incredible 11 years at the Club. The Belgium defender signed from Hamburg on 22 August 2008, a day etched in the minds of City supporters across the world.
City are the best: Kompany | Sports-Life-News
sports-life-news.com/soccer/city-are-the-best-kompany/
Kompany said he realised the time was right to leave when he scored a stunning winner against Leicester in City's penultimate league match. The 1-0 win took City to within one more win of the title, which they clinched with a 4-1 victory over Brighton on the last day.
'The best club': Kompany bids farewell to Man City after open



From Rivals Jan. 8: Kessler has now taken three of his five official visits, but maintains he's still wide open in the process. Virginia fans should be excited about the impression Tony Bennett and his program made on the Georgia native this weekend. The Hoos have as good of a shot as anybody right now to sign Kessler in the 2020 class.
Jose Mourinho offers advice to Jurgen Klopp on how to beat



La Liga is unaware of any interest from the Premier League in hiring their president, Javier Tebas, but described reports linking him to the job "as a source of pride." The Times reported that
La Liga flattered by reported Premier League interest in



Kevin De Bruyne's timely return to action for Manchester City is a major boost for Pep Guardiola as his team brace for a punishing programme over the festive period. The Belgium international, who has been limited to just 96 minutes of league football so far this season, started the midweek League Cup quarter-final against […]



Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci has shockingly claimed that teammate Moise Kean must take some of the blame for inciting racist abuse from Cagliari fans during Tuesday's 2-0 win.
Leonardo Bonucci says 'no to racism' after Juventus team-mate

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen